Thursday, March 1, 2012

A PEEP INTO HOBBA

By 'peep' I mean really this is not a review (not like I've been writing good, solid cafe reviews anyway...because I am mainly intrigued by the euphoric smell of coffee and the design of the space rather than the food) so this is just a quick overall look of Hobba Coffee + Kitchen. We were there for take away coffees on our way to Mornington. Half sleepy, I couldn't resist crossing the street from the place we rented the car from.

Set in a converted garage, Hobba still has that industrial looking elements in the space like the perforated metal counter, aluminum high chairs (okay, to be fair you can find them everywhere, but they enhanced that industrial-garage-feel here), to the bare brick walls and their seats.

Hello there, pretty lady :)

There were lots of white collars (despite it was a Tuesday morning) and also mums with their prams. It was quite packed that morning and there was quite a long queue for the take-away coffee.

Been hearing the buzz of Hobba from few friends that said their food is fresh and great. Coffee wise, the mocha that I had was quite decent to my taand my cousin loved her soy latte. Judging from the crowd (every time I passed by it's always packed), I bet it's a good place to start your day with.

Hobba Coffee + Kitchen

428 malvern road, prahran
p: 03 9510 8336

Mon-Sat 7-5 / Sun 8-5

No comments:

Post a Comment