Thursday, January 12, 2012

LAWSON GROVE SHOP


Upon finding out that Melbourne was voted as the most liveable city in the world in 2011, I couldn't be aaaany more thankful to be here..you can read the news about the survey here. Well anyway, I was lucky enough to live here, and now I found out that South Yarra, the suburb I'm staying at, is apparently Melbourne's most liveable suburb. Awesomeness :)

Well this cafe might be another reason why South Yarra is really awesome (I pray to God that the people of South Yarra will not label me as the blabber mouth by spilling the secret). It's called Lawson Grove Shop...it's South Yarra's best kept secret from what I heard..that's why I've been wanting to go here maybe since a year ago, but my lazy bum prevented me for doing so. Well, to be fair, it was quite a walk from home. Me and V finally went there on one lazy Sunday morning, dragging our arses away from Rosco, which is like a minute away from home. Well it was quite a nice walk though. Maybe our inappropriate jokes along the way made us forget how tiring it could have been.

I've never been to this part of South Yarra before, but yeah it was worth the walk. Such a beautiful neighborhood..with posh houses, shabby chic flats and everything. No wonder it's the most liveable neighbourhood in Victoria.

Some of the things that I saw during the lengthy walk to Lawson Grove

Lawson Grove Shop is neatly hidden under an old art-deco-ish flat, it feels like entering a friend's basement...the kind that has a lot of food supplies along the walls...the kind of basement that you wouldn't mind to be stuck at when the Zombie Apocalypse broke out. Just kidding, so this cafe lives up to the word 'shop' at the end of its name, as these stuffs on the shelves are actually for sale. They also have pre-packed meals in their big fridges, along with some organic veggies, eggs and other staple stuffs in your grocery list.

You wouldn't mind, would you? :P

I love the coffee here...the mocha was great (sorry, I could be super biased at times, any awesome cafe could have been reviewed badly if the mocha was not nice lol). I think ended up V ordering 2 cups of flat white. I couldn't recall the name of the dish that he ordered but I managed to snap a pic of it.

Such a nice place to have brunch, but expect the queue and get prepared to the challenge of finding it. SO challenge accepted? :)

Lawson Grove Shop
1 Lawson Grove Melbourne VIC 3141
(03) 9866 3640

No comments:

Post a Comment